Goals and Objectives
Establishment of international relations and contacts in the field of dermoscopy and skin optical diagnostics, exchange of experience on development of those methodologies and introduction of new technologies for skin cancer’s preventive, screening and treatment follow-up purposes.
The Association will contribute to the prevention and early diagnostics of skin cancer, which is the basis for effective therapy. The main objectives of ADDaSOD are :
- to promote and introduce dermoscopy and optical diagnostics of the skin in Georgia and South Caucasus region;
- to promote and introduce postgraduate education and certificate trainings in areas of dermoscopy and dermatooncology: carrying out and participating in seminars, workshops, practical conferences and training courses in order to introduce the innovative methodologies and research results.
- to carry out scientific research in fields of dermatooncology, dermoscopy and skin optical diagnostics, establishment of research networks both domestically and worldwide and engaging young researchers and specialists;
- to disseminate information both in social and scientific media covering up-today and urgent problems in the field of dermatooncology, dermoscopy and optical diagnostics of skin;
- establishment and development of international contacts, research and educational activities, exchange of information, dialogue and international partnership. Support of coordination in the field of dermatooncology, dermoscopy and optical diagnostics of skin;
- to promote and suport the wide application of methodology of dermatoscopy, dermatooncology and skin optic diagnostics in order to improve the oncological vigilance among general physicians and working in the regions dermatologists;
- to take part in the creation of nationwide statistical database of dermatooncological diseases; development and implementation of screening and early detection methods of skin cancer and by this way to support the account and determination of risk groups, planning of corre timely and evidence-based treatment for the early stages skin pathologies in order to eliminate advanced cases of skin neoplasia;
- to conduct conferences, seminars and meetings in order to exchange experience in the field of dermatooncology, dermoscopy and optical diagnostics of skin.